White Sox making seemingly anybody and everybody available
CHICAGO -- Ken Williams is one of only three current general managers who played in the major leagues. He knows the insecurity that comes with the big paychecks, the family stress that lies behind the lack of control that most players accept as part of their job description.You'd figure he might be unusually sensitive to his players' need for some peace of mind. But if you did, you'd underestimate the degree of his loyalty to White Sox chairman Jerry Reinsdorf, not to mention his raging competitiveness. Nothing trumps Williams' ongoing need to improve the product on the field, which carries his personal stamp.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves suspend struggling Uggla for 1 game
- Wright to get shot to aid shoulder at break
- Reds' Simon among 4 pitchers added to ASG
- Grand record: batterymates slam for S.F.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Triple Peak Men's Chicago White Sox Chris Sale Black T-Shirt