McCourt talks to ownership panel
NEW YORK -- Frank McCourt spoke with baseball's ownership committee Monday about his pending purchase of the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Some of the committee members attended the meeting in New York, others participated by telephone.
"It was a very productive meeting and call," said Bob DuPuy, baseball's chief operating officer. "Frank explained his (financing) philosophy and answered questions."
McCourt announced Oct. 10 that he had agreed in principle to buy the team from News Corp. for $430 million, and his contract contains a Dec. 31 deadline for completion of the financial documents and a Jan. 31 date for closing the deal.
A vote on the sale could take place when baseball owners meet Jan. 14-15 in Scottsdale, Ariz.
Copyright 2003 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Hamels: Arm 'really good' after pen session
- O's Wieters out several days with ankle sprain
- Braun signs first post-ban endorsement deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Women's Los Angeles Dodgers White Gametime T-Shirt