Cabrera avoided arbitration with deal
Cabrera, who made $3.3 million last year, played in all 162 games and was selected the Expos MVP for the second time in three seasons. He had his best offensive season, establishing career highs in batting average (.297), hits (186), doubles (47), homers (17) and runs (95). He led the team with 80 RBIs.
He established personal bests with a .347 on-base percentage and .460 slugging percentage as well as in extra-base hits (66), walks (52), total bases (288) and sacrifice flies (9).
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Alleged kidnapping of Rangers' Martin detailed
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Washington Nationals Baseball Mat