Left-hander will make $1.725M in 2004
Schoeneweis went 2-1 with a 4.50 ERA and 27 strikeouts in 20 games after being traded to Chicago from the Anaheim Angels on July 29. He had a 1.17 ERA in his final nine appearances.
The former starter was used solely as a reliever last season, making a career-high 59 appearances out of the bullpen. He was 3-2 with a 4.18 ERA and 56 strikeouts.
Schoeneweis has a 30-32 career record with a 5.08 ERA in 203 games, including 74 starts. He was Anaheim's opening-day starter in 2001 and finished that season with career highs in wins (10), starts (32), innings (205 1-3) and strikeouts (104).
He can earn an additional $275,000 in bonuses based on starts: $25,000 for 10 starts and $50,000 each for 15, 18, 22, 24 and 26.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Women's Chicago White Sox Charm Watch