Bush to continue Opening Day tradition
ST. LOUIS -- When St. Louis Cardinals fans hear the Opening Day command of "Play Ball!" on Monday, it'll be none other than the nation's commander-in-chief throwing out the first pitch.
President Bush will toss the ceremonial pitch when the Cardinals open the season against the Milwaukee Brewers at Busch Stadium.
Bush announced his plans Wednesday during remarks to members of the Baseball Hall of Fame. He says it's a tradition for the president to throw out the opening pitch, and this year he's decided to do it in St. Louis.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tanaka apologizes to Yanks, fans for injury
- CarGo back with Rockies after long DL stint
- D-backs reinstate slugger Trumbo from DL
- O's Jimenez to DL after parking lot incident
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica St. Louis Cardinals White Cooperstown Jersey