BoSox-Orioles most-watched regular-season MLB game
The game between Boston and Baltimore drew a 1.9 national rating, up 36 percent from the network's previous opener in 2002.
The ratings did not include the Boston and Providence markets, which carried the game on local TV. Still, nearly 2.2 million people tuned in for baseball's first game of the year played in the United States, five days after the New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Devil Rays opened the 2004 season in Japan.
The Orioles' 7-2 win drew a 1.8 rating among men aged 18-34, the highest for that demographic of any regular-season major league telecast on the network.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Alleged kidnapping of Rangers' Martin detailed
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles Boston Red Sox Retro Scarf