BoSox-Orioles most-watched regular-season MLB game
The game between Boston and Baltimore drew a 1.9 national rating, up 36 percent from the network's previous opener in 2002.
The ratings did not include the Boston and Providence markets, which carried the game on local TV. Still, nearly 2.2 million people tuned in for baseball's first game of the year played in the United States, five days after the New York Yankees and Tampa Bay Devil Rays opened the 2004 season in Japan.
The Orioles' 7-2 win drew a 1.8 rating among men aged 18-34, the highest for that demographic of any regular-season major league telecast on the network.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- MRI shows ligament injury in Medlen's elbow
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
- Cahill jams knee; Arroyo might be delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Baltimore Orioles Authentic Collection Dri-FIT Legend Practice Orange T-Shirt