Expos put right fielder on DL
An MRI exam Thursday revealed a tear and bruise, assistant general manager Tony Siegle said.
Everett was hurt on a hard slide into second base in the fourth inning of Wednesday's 9-0 loss to Florida. He was replaced in right field Thursday by Ron Calloway.
Everett, brought in to replace Vladimir Guerrero, is batting .233 with one home run and two RBI.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Pujols goes yard twice to join 500 HR club
- Ellsbury helps Yankees romp in Fenway return
- Fernandez strikes out 14, wins pitchers' duel
- MLB suspends Gomez, Maldonado, others
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Washington Nationals 39Thirty Clubhouse Flex Hat