Man found on Walker residence identified
The man was identified on Tuesday as James Martinez Jr., 36, of Denver, who has served time in prison on felony drug charges. Autopsy results were not immediately released.
Walker discovered the body Sunday while four-wheeling with his toddler daughter. He is not considered a suspect.
"I did not know what it was at first," Walker said. "I didn't know if he was sleeping, if somebody had passed out, if he was drunk. I did not know."
Walker, who is recovering from a groin injury and has not played this season, said police told him the body could have been there five or six days. It was about 350 yards from his house near Evergreen.
Walker said he was shaken by the discovery.
"Who knows how his loved ones are dealing with this?" he asked. "It's not about me. It's about an image burned into the back of my head forever of finding a dead guy."
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers outlast Angels for Scherzer's 12th win
- Back to Seattle: Mariners acquire Morales
- Twins call off Knoblauch induction post-arrest
- Ortiz (back) questionable for Price rematch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Youth Colorado Rockies 59Fifty Game Black Authentic Hat