Third baseman felt faint Wednesday
Wigginton fainted at home and felt dizzy at the ballpark. He was in NYU Medical Center after complaining during Wednesday night's game against Montreal.
"He looked pale and weak when he came to the ballpark and then he had dizzy spells during the game," manager Art Howe said.
Wigginton, who is batting .188 with two home runs and nine RBIs, is expected to miss New York's road trip to Chicago, Los Angeles and San Diego.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Source: Yanks nix Gardner-for-Phillips deal
- MLB plans to ban home plate collisions by '15
- Source: Colon, Mets reach 2-year, $20M deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico New York Mets Laser Tag Plate