Prior throws off bullpen mound
"It's as good as I've felt since I started rehab," he said.
The right-hander threw all of his pitches in what was meant to simulate two innings of work.
Prior has not pitched in a game this season because of an inflamed Achilles tendon and sore pitching elbow. He will remain in Arizona to continue his rehabilitation work at the Cubs' spring training facility in Mesa. That work is expected to include simulated games.
Manager Dusty Baker said he had not heard anything about how Tuesday's session went.
"As far as I'm concerned, no news is good news," Baker said. "If there had been any problem, I'm sure I would have heard. He walked by and gave me the thumbs up, so that's a good thing."
No timetable has been set for Prior's return to the Chicago rotation.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: E. Santana agrees to deal with Braves
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
- Cahill jams knee; Arroyo might be delayed
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Chicago Cubs Leader Royal Quarter-Zip Pullover