HR is No. 668 for Barry
SAN FRANCISCO -- Barry Bonds hit his 668th home run Thursday, giving Bonds and his late father, Bobby, a total of 1,000.
The 39-year-old Bonds is third on the all-time list behind Babe Ruth (714) and Hank Aaron (755).
Bonds hadn't homered in seven games, since the six-time MVP failed to tie the major league mark for consecutive games with a home run last Wednesday night. The streak ended at seven in an 11-0 loss to the San Diego Padres.
The next-highest father-son total is 636 by Ken Griffey Sr. (152) and Ken Griffey Jr. (484).
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's San Francisco Giants Black Full-Zip Fleece Hoodie