Jays had wanted Hung for Opening Day
TORONTO -- American Idol reject William Hung butchered "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" during Sunday's game between the Blue Jays and Texas Rangers, much to the crowd's delight.
Hung's presence drew media usually indifferent to baseball, including Rolling Stone magazine. The team said more media credentials were issued Sunday than on Opening Day.
The Blue Jays initially tried to get Hung for Opening Day, but that conflicted with the release of his debut album, "Inspiration."
"I still am surprised," Hung said before the game. "I can't believe it."
Hung also sang at New Orleans during Game 6 of the Hornets' first-round playoff series against Miami. In the second round, he was booed in Detroit when he performed two songs during halftime of Game 2 between the Pistons and New Jersey Nets.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Balfour's deal with O's in jeopardy
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Axford, Indians finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Toronto Blue Jays Full-Zip Royal Ice Jacket