Giants to sell rubber chickens to protest walks
Why? "To officially protest the number of intentional walks at SBC Park," the Giants said.
Why chickens? The Giants didn't say, but it would seem obvious.
In 57 games entering Saturday's game against the Boston Red Sox, Bonds had drawn a major league-leading 94 walks, 51 of them intentional.
The chickens -- described as "your average fowl" -- will sell for $10, with proceeds going to the Giants Community Fund.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Lester didn't tell Sox contract terms
- Jeter passes Yaz for seventh on MLB hits list
- Reds slugger Bruce goes on bereavement list
- Blue Jays acquire INF Valencia from Royals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's San Francisco Giants Full-Zip Black Discover Jacket