Nun won $10,000 for back-to-back homers
OLDENBURG, Ind. -- A nun from Indiana received the $10,000 she won in a contest sponsored by the Cincinnati Reds and will donate the money.
Sister Susanna Helms got her check Wednesday night at Great American Ball Park in Cincinnati.
Helms says she'll give the money to her order, the Sisters of Saint Francis in Oldenburg, about 60 miles southeast of Indianapolis.
Her name was chosen last month by radio station WLW and entered in a contest to win the money if the Reds hit back-to-back home runs in the fifth inning.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Red Sox trade Lester to A's for Cespedes
- Source: Cardinals get Lackey from Red Sox
- Athletics send LHP Milone to Twins for Fuld
- Presidential farewell: Jeter honored by Bush
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Cincinnati Reds Homer Bailey #34 Home White Jersey