Manny not expected to miss All-Star Game
BOSTON -- Boston Red Sox outfielder Manny Ramirez was not in the starting lineup for Sunday's game against the Texas Rangers because of tightness in both hamstrings, but he is not expected to miss the All-Star game.
Ramirez was a pinch hitter in the ninth inning, but popped out. The Rangers won 6-5.
Ramirez homered twice in Saturday night's 14-6 victory over the Rangers. He entered Sunday's games leading the league with a .438 on-base percentage, 26 homers and 77 RBI, and he is among the AL leaders with a .345 batting average, 108 hits and 28 doubles.
He has played in 83 of the team's first 85 games this season.
Ramirez was voted to his eighth All-Star team and is expected to start in left field.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers outlast Angels for Scherzer's 12th win
- Back to Seattle: Mariners acquire Morales
- Twins call off Knoblauch induction post-arrest
- Ortiz (back) questionable for Price rematch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Boston Red Sox Large Mirror Covers