Burch also went to Colorado in deal
PHILADELPHIA -- The Colorado Rockies acquired minor league left-handers Luis Martinez and Chris Naveson from St. Louis on Wednesday as part of the deal that sent Larry Walker to the Cardinals last week.
Walker, who blocked deals to Arizona and Texas the past two years, waived his no-trade clause last Friday to join the major league-leading Cardinals. Martinez and Naveson were the players to be named later in the deal that also sent right-hander Jason Burch to Colorado.
The Rockies optioned Martinez, 7-12 in stints in Double-A and Triple-A, to Triple-A Colorado Springs.
Naveson, 5-10 with a 4.16 ERA in 23 starts, was sent to Double-A Tulsa.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dice-K defends Mets' Warthen after his slur
- Sandberg: Rollins not benched over remark
- Rays tab ace Price to start opener vs. Jays
- Red Sox's Peavy debuts after fishing injury
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's St. Louis Cardinals Full-Zip Red Ice Jacket