Burch also went to Colorado in deal
PHILADELPHIA -- The Colorado Rockies acquired minor league left-handers Luis Martinez and Chris Naveson from St. Louis on Wednesday as part of the deal that sent Larry Walker to the Cardinals last week.
Walker, who blocked deals to Arizona and Texas the past two years, waived his no-trade clause last Friday to join the major league-leading Cardinals. Martinez and Naveson were the players to be named later in the deal that also sent right-hander Jason Burch to Colorado.
The Rockies optioned Martinez, 7-12 in stints in Double-A and Triple-A, to Triple-A Colorado Springs.
Naveson, 5-10 with a 4.16 ERA in 23 starts, was sent to Double-A Tulsa.
Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Baseball Hall cuts election eligibility to 10 years
- Red Sox deal Peavy to Giants for prospects
- Price, Rays prevail with rally over Red Sox
- Lester: I'd re-sign with Sox even if traded
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's St. Louis Cardinals Cooperstown Raglan Light Blue/Grey Three-Quarter Sleeve Shirt