Lefty Oliver, righty DeJean file for free agency
Oliver was joined in testing the free agent waters by New York Mets reliever Mike DeJean.
Oliver was 3-3 with a 5.94 ERA in 27 games for the Florida Marlins and Astros. He was traded to Houston on July 22 and went 1-0 with a 3.86 ERA in nine appearances -- two starts -- for the National League wild-card champions.
Oliver has a career record of 87-79 with a 5.07 ERA in 306 games, including 228 starts.
DeJean was 0-5 with a 6.13 ERA with Baltimore before being traded to the Mets on July 19. With New York, he was dominant, going 0-0 with a 1.69 ERA in 17 games. He struck out 24 in 21 innings.
DeJean has a career record of 24-29 with a 4.30 ERA in 497 appearances -- all but one in relief.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
- Pirates' Worley blanks Giants with 4-hitter
- Cabrera, Dickey help Jays trample Red Sox
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Houston Astros Fan V-Neck White Half-Sleeve Shirt