Sosa trade still not ruled out
The Mets and Delgado's camp are working to put together a meeting late this week, a source told ESPN.com.
The meeting is expected to include Delgado, agent David Sloane, Mets GM Omar Minaya and Mets owner Fred Wilpon.
The session also is an indication that even though the Mets have committed $172 million to Beltran and Pedro Martinez this winter, they're not through -- and haven't even reached their budget limit. They still haven't ruled out trading for Sammy Sosa, in fact.
Delgado also has received offers from the Orioles, Rangers and Marlins. And the Tigers, A's, Giants and Red Sox could have interest under certain circumstances, or if they're able to make other moves to free up money, a lineup spot or both.
Jayson Stark is a senior writer for ESPN.com.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Robinson debut
- Napoli exits with hurt finger after headfirst slide
- Rays P Moore needs season-ending surgery
- CF Jones, RP Meek bitten by Orioles' flu bug
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Toronto Blue Jays White/Royal Crush T-Shirt