Leiter, Rodriguez in attendance
MIAMI -- Mets catcher Mike Piazza married former Playboy Playmate and "Baywatch" star Alicia Rickter in a candlelight church ceremony.
With former Mets pitcher Al Leiter and Detroit Tigers catcher Ivan Rodriguez among the baseball stars in attendance, Piazza and Rickter took their vows at St. Jude's Catholic Church on Saturday before boarding a yacht to a lavish reception at nearby Fisher Island.
The 36-year-old catcher's best man was his brother Tony. Auxiliary Bishop Ignatius Catanello of the Diocese of Brooklyn in New York performed the ceremony that was attended by about 120 people. He said Piazza was nervous "like a regular groom, but he's OK."
Rickter, 32, wore a white satin Vera Wang gown and was joined by five bridesmaids, including maid of honor Angelica Bridges, a "Baywatch" co-star, and Playboy Playmates Brande Roderick and Lisa Dergan.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Pineda ejected for foreign substance on neck
- Red Sox shut down Yankees behind Lackey
- D-backs spoil Wrigley's 100th with rally in 9th
- Dodgers ruin Hamels' 1st start of season
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica New York Mets Darryl Strawberry #18 White Cooperstown Jersey