Leiter, Rodriguez in attendance
MIAMI -- Mets catcher Mike Piazza married former Playboy Playmate and "Baywatch" star Alicia Rickter in a candlelight church ceremony.
With former Mets pitcher Al Leiter and Detroit Tigers catcher Ivan Rodriguez among the baseball stars in attendance, Piazza and Rickter took their vows at St. Jude's Catholic Church on Saturday before boarding a yacht to a lavish reception at nearby Fisher Island.
The 36-year-old catcher's best man was his brother Tony. Auxiliary Bishop Ignatius Catanello of the Diocese of Brooklyn in New York performed the ceremony that was attended by about 120 people. He said Piazza was nervous "like a regular groom, but he's OK."
Rickter, 32, wore a white satin Vera Wang gown and was joined by five bridesmaids, including maid of honor Angelica Bridges, a "Baywatch" co-star, and Playboy Playmates Brande Roderick and Lisa Dergan.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Rangers to sign Choo for $130M
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Alleged kidnapping of Rangers' Martin detailed
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Youth New York Mets 9Forty Pinch Hitter Royal Adjustable Hat