Davies takes Hampton's roster spot
Hampton felt tightness in his forearm during his May 14 start against the Dodgers. There has been improvement, but he still might not have been ready for his scheduled start on Tuesday.
The move is retroactive to May 15.
The Braves lost another starter, John Thomson, for at least two to three months with a finger injury.
Rookie Kyle Davies was called up from Richmond to start Saturday night against the Red Sox. Davies took Hampton's roster spot.
Hampton was enjoying a strong season before the injury. Through eight starts, he is 4-1 with a 1.96 ERA. Dating to last July 4, he's 15-2 with a 2.61 ERA.
Copyright 2005 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Braun signs first post-ban endorsement deal
- Verlander allows one hit in 1st spring start
- Orioles' Machado disappointed by new deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Atlanta Braves Grand Slam Softee Bat and Ball Set