Cubs agree to one-year deal with Mabry
DALLAS -- After addressing their bullpen prior to the winter meetings, the Chicago Cubs continued to upgrade their hitting Wednesday, agreeing to terms with right fielder John Mabry on a one-year contract.
St. Louis Cardinals
Financial terms were not disclosed.
A versatile veteran who can play each of the corner infield and outfield positions, Mabry batted .240 with eight home runs and 32 RBI in 112 games last season with the St. Louis Cardinals, the team with which he began his career in 1994. The 35-year-old recorded 13 multi-hit games and hit .265 in a team-leading 34 at-bats as a pinch hitter.
Mabry has played in 1,187 career games with the Cardinals, Seattle, San Diego, Florida, Philadelphia, and Oakland, hitting .269 with 90 homers and 416 RBI.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers trade Soria to Tigers for prospects
- Epstein not thrilled with Cards 'gift' draft pick
- Don't speak: McGwire done with Canseco
- Cespedes has 2 HRs, 5 RBIs but hurts thumb
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Chicago Cubs Grey Speedwick Performance T-Shirt