Braves sign pitcher Bennett to minor-league deal
The 25-year-old Bennett appeared in 60 games with Milwaukee in 2004. He was 1-5 with a 4.79 ERA. He spent the 2005 season with the Brewers' minor league team in Nashville, where he was 2-3 with a 3.03 ERA and 13 saves.
In an attempt to bolster the bullpen, the Braves traded catcher Johnny Estrada to Arizona for relievers Lance Cormier and Oscar Villarreal in December. They also acquired Wes Obermueller from Milwaukee for Dan Kolb in another December deal.
Financial terms of the one-year contract with Bennett were not disclosed.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tanaka apologizes to Yanks, fans for injury
- King Felix, Mariners thwart Samardzija, A's
- CarGo collects hit in return to Rockies lineup
- Nats' Zimmermann (biceps) likely out of ASG
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Authentic Atlanta Braves Cool Base Alternate Red On-Field Jersey