Rockies agree to one-year deal with Day
Day, who made $357,000 last season, can earn two $25,000 bonuses for topping 140 and 150 innings.
Day was 1-3 with a 6.85 ERA in 17 games for the Rockies last year before breaking his right thumb in September and ending the season on the 60-day disabled list. The Rockies acquired Day and outfielder J.J. Davis from Washington on July 13 for outfielder Preston Wilson and cash.
Day's agreement left pitcher Sunny Kim and catcher Yorvit Torrealba as the remaining Rockies in arbitration.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Youth Colorado Rockies Big Leaguer Grey Raglan T-Shirt