Weathers hurt, but expected ready for spring training
Weathers tore a tendon in his right index finger while working out Monday at his home, the club said Wednesday. He will wear a splint for three weeks, and the Reds think the injury will heal by the time pitchers and catchers report Feb. 16.
He became the Reds' primary closer after they got rid of Danny Graves last May. He led the team with a career-high 15 saves in 19 chances, going 7-4 with a 3.94 ERA in 73 games.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- King Felix, Wainwright to start All-Star Game
- Thomas 'disappointed' Abreu passed on Derby
- Braves suspend struggling Uggla for 1 game
- Sources: Mets' Colon available in trade talks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Cincinnati Reds Freshman White/Red Adjustable Hat