Weathers hurt, but expected ready for spring training
Weathers tore a tendon in his right index finger while working out Monday at his home, the club said Wednesday. He will wear a splint for three weeks, and the Reds think the injury will heal by the time pitchers and catchers report Feb. 16.
He became the Reds' primary closer after they got rid of Danny Graves last May. He led the team with a career-high 15 saves in 19 chances, going 7-4 with a 3.94 ERA in 73 games.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Cano thanks N.Y., finalizes big Mariners deal
- Rule 5 pick Nieto on Biogenesis clinic list
- Source: Joba, Tigers agree on 1-year deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Turner Licensing Cincinnati Reds 2014 Team Box Calendar