Former Mets pitcher Ishii returns to Japan
Ishii, who was released by the Mets in December, agreed to a two-year contract on Friday with the Central League's Yakult Swallows, team officials said.
Ishii, 32, played for the Los Angeles Dodgers from 2002-2004, compiling a 36-25 record. He was 3-9 in 19 games for the Mets last season.
Before leaving for the majors, Ishii played for the Swallows and had a 78-46 record with a 3.38 ERA and 1,277 strikeouts in 244 games over 10 seasons in Japan.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Tigers' Iglesias to sit out until break
- D-backs' Corbin exits start with tight forearm
- Orioles 3B Machado (knee) suffers setback
- Dodgers OF Crawford to skip Australia series
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica New York Mets David Wright #5 Home Ivory Jersey