Man pleads guilty to murder of Stenson
Reginald Riddle, 21, agreed to the plea Thursday to avoid a possible death sentence. He agreed to testify in the trial of his co-defendant, David Griffith, 22, at his September trial. Riddle faces 25 years to life in prison, with or without the possibility of parole, when he is sentenced after Griffith's trial. Griffith still faces capital murder charges.
Riddle and Griffith were charged with kidnapping Stenson as he left a Scottsdale nightclub on the Nov. 5, 2003, and stealing his SUV. Court records allege they drove to nearby Chandler, where Stenson tried to flee the vehicle in a neighborhood. He was shot several times, became tangled in a seatbelt and was dragged more than 1,000 feet.
Stenson, 25, lived in Scottsdale and played for the Scottsdale Scorpions in the Arizona Fall League at the time of his death.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Lester didn't tell Sox contract terms
- Jeter passes Yaz for seventh on MLB hits list
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Cincinnati Reds Team Logo Red climalite T-Shirt