Julio agrees to one-year contract with Mets
The 26-year-old right-hander, Baltimore's closer from 2002-04, had a 1.99 ERA in 2002 and a career-high 36 saves in 2003, then lost the closer's job to B.J. Ryan. Julio was 3-5 with a 5.90 ERA in 67 appearances last season, when he made $2.5 million.
He had asked for $2.8 million in arbitration and had been offered $2.3 million. He was the last Mets player remaining in arbitration.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Mag: Puig subjected to threats, civil lawsuit
- Dodgers' Ramirez leaves with hand injury
- Angels put OF Calhoun on DL, call up Boesch
- Teixeira to play in minors, could return Sunday
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's New York Mets 59Fifty Alternate Black Authentic Hat