Astros, Ensberg agree to $3.8 million, one-year deal
Ensberg hit .283 with 36 home runs and 101 RBI for the NL champion Astros last season, setting team records for homers and RBI for a third baseman.
In 461 career games over five seasons, the 30-year-old has hit .279 with 74 home runs and 246 RBI.
He made $500,000 last year. The settlement was at the midpoint between his arbitration request of $4.2 million and Houston's offer of $3.4 million.
In addition to his salary, he can earn $100,000 in performance bonuses: $50,000 each for 630 and 660 plate appearances.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Pujols goes yard twice to join 500 HR club
- Ellsbury helps Yankees romp in Fenway return
- Fernandez strikes out 14, wins pitchers' duel
- MLB suspends Gomez, Maldonado, others
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Authentic Houston Astros Navy Cool Base Batting Practice Jersey