Hrbek, Killebrew, Ripken to honor Puckett
MINNEAPOLIS -- Some of Kirby Puckett's most famous friends will speak at a memorial for the late Hall of Famer at 7 p.m. Sunday at the Metrodome.
The Twins announced a list of speakers that includes Kent Hrbek, Torii Hunter, Tom Kelly, Harmon Killebrew, former Twins general manager Andy MacPhail, Al Newman, Dave Winfield and Cal Ripken Jr.
The Metrodome doors will open at 6 p.m. and admission is free. The Metropolitan Sports Commission will provide free water and soda.
Many of the parking ramps surrounding the dome will offer free parking, and Metro Transit has arranged to provide additional rail service for the expected crowds.
Puckett, who led the Twins to two World Series titles, died Monday in Arizona, a day after suffering a stroke. He was 45.
Through the Twins, the Puckett family is asking that in lieu of flowers, donations be made to the Kirby Puckett Memorial Fund at the Minnesota Community Foundation in St. Paul or the American Heart Association in Minneapolis.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers outlast Angels for Scherzer's 12th win
- Back to Seattle: Mariners acquire Morales
- Twins call off Knoblauch induction post-arrest
- Ortiz (back) questionable for Price rematch
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
Kirby Puckett: 1960-2006
Hall of Fame outfielder Kirby Puckett died at the age of 45. He was a 10-time All-Star and won two World Series rings in 12 seasons with the Twins.
• Puckett dead at 45 ...
• Players, fans mourn Puckett
• Twins to honor Puckett
• Stark: Greatness personified
• Gammons: Remembering Puck
• Caple: No one as likable as Puck
• Transcript: 911 call
• Kurkjian: A game for the ages
• Rojas: Big Papi's idol
• Puckett's highs and lows
• ESPN.com voices on Puckett
• SportsNation: Your memories?
• Gallery: Puckett in photos
• Wiley: Trial and error (from '03)
• Hall of Fame:
Election | Induction | Speech
• Career: Highlights | Statistics