Puckett children to throw out first pitch
MINNEAPOLIS -- The children of the late Kirby Puckett have been scheduled to throw ceremonial first pitches at next week's Twins home opener.
Catherine Puckett and Kirby Puckett Jr. will do the honors before Minnesota's game against Oakland on April 11. Their father, a Hall of Fame outfielder for the Twins, died last month after a stroke.
The team, in plans announced Monday, will offer other tributes -- including a uniform patch with the No. 34 and a large No. 34 painted on the turf in center field, to remain there during the first homestand.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Minnesota Twins Small Static Cling