Mulholland goes on DL, Daigle called up from Tucson
The move leaves the Diamondbacks with no lefties on their pitching staff.
Mulholland has inflammation in his left elbow. The 43-year-old hurler had appeared in four of Arizona's first seven games, allowing two runs on six hits in six innings. He gave up a run in 1 2/3 innings in Tuesday night's 6-5 loss to Colorado in the Diamondbacks' home opener.
Daigle, whose minor league contract was purchased by Arizona to make the move, began the 2004 season as part of the Diamondbacks' rotation but struggled to a 2-3 record and a 7.16 ERA before being sent to Tucson.
Last year, he converted to a closer and was 9-3 with 19 saves and a 2.67 ERA for Double-A Tennessee. Daigle is married to U.S. softball star Jennie Finch.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Arizona Diamondbacks Softee Triple Play 3-Ball Set