Phillies' Hamels on disabled list with shoulder strain
NEW YORK -- Rookie pitcher Cole Hamels was placed on the 15-day disabled list by the Philadelphia Phillies with a strain in his left shoulder.
The Phillies promoted right-handed pitcher Clay Condrey from Triple-A Scranton Wilkes-Barre to replace Hamels.
Hamels (0-0) had been scheduled to make his third major-league start Wednesday night against the New York Mets but was scratched when he experienced posterior shoulder symptoms while throwing in the outfield during batting practice on Tuesday. He returned to Philadelphia and was examined by Phillies team physician Dr. Michael Ciccotti.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rays P Moore needs season-ending surgery
- MLB marks 67th anniversary of Robinson debut
- Napoli exits with hurt finger after head-first slide
- Phillies' Burnett (hernia) to pitch through pain
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Philadelphia Phillies Cole Hamels #35 Home White Jersey