Angels put Colon on DL with triceps tendinitis
Los Angeles Angels
Right-handed reliever Greg Jones was added to the roster to replace Colon. Jones was 4-5 with a 4.00 ERA at Triple-A Salt Lake.
Angels manager Mike Scioscia did not have a replacement yet for Colon's scheduled start on Tuesday.
Colon gave up four runs and four hits against Tampa Bay on Wednesday in his last start, leaving after one inning with irritation in his right elbow. He is eligible to come off the DL on Aug. 11.
"Right now at this part of the season for Bart to miss any starts becomes tough," Scioscia said. "But we'd rather have him as close to being whole than to keep limping."
Colon was on the disabled list from April 19 to June 17 because of right shoulder inflammation. In all, he is 1-5 with a 5.11 ERA in 10 starts this season.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Balfour's deal with O's in jeopardy
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Axford, Indians finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Los Angeles Angels Leader Red Quarter-Zip Pullover