Rockies pick up '07 option on Byung-Hyun Kim
Kim, who made $1.5 million last season, was 8-12 with a 5.57 ERA, 61 walks and 129 strikeouts last year, when he was used exclusively as a starter for the first time in his career.
In eight major league seasons with Arizona, Boston and Colorado, Kim is 44-52 with a 4.15 ERA with 86 saves.
Last year, Boston traded him to the Rockies and called his $10 million, two-year deal "a mistake." He is a native of South Korea.
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
- Rockies get OF Stubbs in trade with Indians
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Colorado Rockies Chrome License Plate Frame