Report: Phils' Burrell would waive clause for SF deal
Burrell had said he would only waive that clause if he were sent to New York or Boston. According to a report in the Philadelphia Daily News on Friday, he has recently added San Francisco to that list.
Representatives for the left fielder confirmed to the paper that Burrell would accept a deal to the Giants and would consider a move to first base if the team requested it. He played the position in 2000.
The 30-year-old has approximately $27 million left on his contract over the next two seasons. He hit .258 with 29 homers and 95 RBI last season.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Sources: Halladay retiring Monday as Jay
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- MLB denied A's move to San Jose in June
- Schilling replacing Hershiser in ESPN booth
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Philadelphia Phillies Fan V-Neck Red Half Sleeve Shirt