Martinez expecting return to Mets in midseason
"The rehabilitation process is better than expected," Martinez said.
The three-time Cy Young Award winner is recovering from shoulder surgery.
Martinez said he was in the initial phase of rehabilitation and planned to step up treatment in January. He will travel to Florida next week for another checkup.
"I am going for a checkup every two weeks, because this is what we agreed with the doctors," he said.
Martinez also said he is not going to change the way he pitches.
"I am not planning to make changes in my windup in any way," he said. "This is how I have had success and I'll keep doing it."
Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Report: Cuban slugger to D-backs for $68.5M
- Cubs: Strop believed to be fine after accident
- Frasor, Royals reach one-year, $1.8M deal
- Red Sox officially unveil Sandoval, Ramirez
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Women's Replica New York Mets Curtis Granderson #3 Alternate White Jersey