Zambrano shoves Barrett in dugout after Barrett's two errors
CHICAGO -- Chicago Cubs pitcher Carlos Zambrano shoved catcher Michael Barrett as the two were being separated before nearly coming to blows in the dugout during the middle of the fifth inning of Friday's game against Atlanta.
The Braves had just scored five runs in the top of the fifth to increase their lead to 7-1. One run scored on a passed ball and throwing error by Barrett.
Zambrano was seen pointing at his head and yelling at the catcher in the dugout before the bottom half, then shoved him. Neither came out for the sixth.
Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Lester, Ross carry Red Sox past White Sox
- Sizemore's scoop caps Yankees' triple play
- Cards' Wainwright 2-hits error-prone Nats
- Mattingly voices worry over threats to Puig
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Chicago Cubs Cooperstown Raglan Royal/Grey Three-Quarter Sleeve Shirt