Braves 3B Chipper Jones goes out again with groin injury
The injury plagued Jones left after the sixth inning because of an ailing groin in Atlanta's 11-0 loss to the Boston Red Sox on Wednesday night.
"It was hurting," said manager Bobby Cox, who wasn't sure if the slugger will miss any games.
Jones, hitting .323 with 12 homers and 27 RBIs, had been hampered by injuries four years in a row. This season, he's played only 50 of Atlanta's 73 games, spending time on the disabled list after spraining both hands.
Jones had already left Turner Field by the time the media was allowed in the clubhouse after the game.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Forever Collectibles Atlanta Braves Youth Work Gloves