Polanco's record errorless streak ends at 147 games
Polanco played 147 games without an error, dating to July 1, 2006, until he fielded a chopper from Melky Cabrera and made a low-and-wide throw to first. The play also ended his other record for a second baseman, going 725 straight chances without an error.
The game started following a rain delay of 4 hours, 1 minute.
Luis Castillo held the previous mark for second basemen with 143 errorless games from May 30, 2006, to June 5, 2007, while playing for the Minnesota Twins. The major-league record for consecutive errorless games by any infielder is 193, set by Steve Garvey from 1983-85.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- O's not signing Balfour, cite physical results
- Youkilis will play 'one more year' -- in Japan
- O's Patton tests positive, banned 25 games
- Beltran joins Yankees: 'Means a lot to me'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Detroit Tigers Full-Zip Silver Ice Jacket