Ichiro homers off Clemens for 200th hit of 2007 season
Ichiro Suzuki is the eighth player in baseball history to collect 200 hits in seven or more seasons. The list:
Suzuki singled in the first and homered on a 2-0 pitch to right-center in the third to give the Mariners a 2-1 lead. It was Suzuki's sixth homer of the year and extended his own major league record for consecutive 200-hit seasons to begin a career to seven.
The major league record for consecutive 200-hit seasons is eight by Willie Keeler (1894-01). Suzuki matched the AL mark held by Wade Boggs (1983-89).
Suzuki entered the day leading the majors in hits.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Japan's Tanaka wants to move to MLB in 2014
- Roberts joining Yankees for post-Cano era
- Source: O's, closer Balfour agree to deal
- 2B Infante to help Royals take 'next step'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Seattle Mariners Grand Slam Softee Bat and Ball Set