O's lefty Bedard to have strained muscle examined Tuesday
Bedard, the AL strikeout leader, has been out since allowing six runs over six innings in a loss to the Minnesota Twins on August 26. The defeat was his first since June 10 and ended a nine-game winning streak.
"He's back in Baltimore, and we'll have an update after his appointment," Orioles manager Dave Trembley said before Monday night's game at Tampa Bay.
Trembley hasn't ruled out Bedard returning this season.
"I'm going with what Bedard told me, he wants to pitch again before the season is over,"Trembley said. "I wouldn't expect anything different from Bedard. A class act."
Bedard is 13-5 with a 3.16 ERA and 221 strikeouts in 182 innings.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers' Iglesias says he has stress fractures
- Braves' Medlen, Beachy see Dr. Andrews
- Verlander tabbed to start 7th opener in row
- Mets' Niese cleared to throw, sources say
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Replica Baltimore Orioles Nick Markakis #21 Alternate Orange Jersey