Astros' Lidge has surgery to repair torn cartilage in knee
Team physician Dr. David Lintner operated at The Methodist Hospital, and the Astros said the 30-year-old reliever should be ready for the start of spring training in mid-February.
The 30-year-old should be ready for the start of spring training in February. He was 5-3 and converted 19 of 27 save opportunities in 66 appearances this season.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Cubs not sure when ailing Castro will return
- Garza goal: Kick Cubs' 'teeth in every time'
- Twins lock up closer Perkins on 4-year deal
- Boras: Morales, Drew willing to wait for deals
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Men's Houston Astros Icon Watch