Zimmerman expected to recover in 4-6 weeks
The surgery was Wednesday night, and the team announced it Thursday.
Zimmerman will be in a splint for about a week. He is expected to fully recover in four to six weeks.
He hit .266 with 24 homers and 91 RBIs in 2007, his second full season in the majors.
Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
- Brewers' Garza confident despite 19.06 ERA
- Tulowitzki hit by pitch on leg, is day to day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Washington Nationals Small Static Cling