Rays, reliever Percival sign multi-year deal with incentives
Percival and Maddon will now be reunited in Tampa Bay next season. Percival has signed to a two-year, $8 million contract with the Rays.
The deal also includes incentives for Percival that are based on appearances and games finished. The incentives could earn Percival another $4 million.
Percival has a long history as a closer, with 324 career saves, but he probably will fill a variety of roles for Tampa Bay, which has retained closer Al Reyes. The Rays also will probably value Percival for his old-school approach, something that could be a help with such a young team as Tampa Bay.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
- Court rules MLB can depose A-Rod's cousin
- Japan's Tanaka wants to move to MLB in 2014
- Hernandez, Phillies finalize 1-year, $4.5M deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Women's Tampa Bay Rays Navy Gametime T-Shirt