Chavez injures ankle, hamstring in winter ball in Venezuela
Mets spokesman Jay Horwitz said Sunday that Chavez was hurt last month while playing for Magallanes. Chavez is expected to be ready for spring training next month, Horwitz said.
Chavez was limited to 71 games last season because of a strained left hamstring. He was injured June 6 and didn't return until Aug. 28.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Dodgers land 2B Barney in deal with Cubs
- Emotional Thomas, Torre headline HOF class
- Ortiz's homer reignites Red Sox-Rays rivalry
- Rays activate RP Peralta; Bedard to minors
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs New York Mets Avenue Blue Sign