Sources: White Sox, Dotel agree to two-year, $11 million contract
The White Sox are expected to make an announcement on Tuesday.
"We're talking," Dotel said on Monday, according to The Associated Press. "We're working on a deal."
White Sox general manager Ken Williams declined comment in an e-mail.
The 34-year-old Dotel spent last season with the Kansas City Royals and Atlanta Braves but was limited to only 33 appearances and 30 2/3 innings because of a shoulder injury. He went 2-1 with a 4.11 ERA and was dealt from Kansas City to Atlanta at the trading deadline.
Dotel underwent reconstructive elbow surgery in 2005 while with Oakland, then pitched for the New York Yankees the following year. He has 82 career saves in nine major league seasons.
Information from ESPN.com writer Jerry Crasnick and The Associated Press was used in this report.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves suspend struggling Uggla for 1 game
- Wright to get shot to aid shoulder at break
- Reds' Simon among 4 pitchers added to ASG
- Grand record: batterymates slam for S.F.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Atlanta Braves Navy Clean Up Adjustable Hat