Washington wins arbitration hearing against Lopez
The infielder had asked for $5.2 million in a hearing Wednesday before arbitrators Christine Knowlton, Elliott Shriftman and Steven Wolf.
Lopez made $3.9 million last season, when he hit .245 with nine homers, 50 RBIs and 24 steals.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tanaka has partially torn UCL, will try rehab
- Kershaw's streak ends at 41 IP in CG gem
- Cards' Molina has torn ligament, needs surgery
- Windy City sweep: Sale, Rizzo win Final Vote
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Washington Nationals Carbon Wordmark Red T-Shirt