Red Sox will visit Bush, Walter Reed Army Medical Center
FORT MYERS, Fla. -- The Boston Red Sox are headed for the White House next week to celebrate their 2007 World Series championship with President Bush.
Plans for the Feb. 27 ceremony were announced Friday.
It's Boston's second trip for the traditional White House honor in four years. Members of the 2004 World Series champion team also met with Bush, a former managing partner of the Texas Rangers.
Red Sox players also will visit patients and show off their World Series trophy at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington before returning to spring training on Wednesday night.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Source: Ibanez, Angels nearing 1-year deal
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Women's Boston Red Sox Dark Red Signature Full-Zip Fleece Hoodie