Giants' Lowry will take days off after MRI reveals inflammation in arm
Lowry had planned to throw off a mound for the first time on Monday but underwent the MRI after feeling a tingling sensation in his forearm. Bochy said on Tuesday that Lowry will take the next few days off.
Lowry had surgery on his left forearm on March 7. The Giants had hoped Lowry would be back in the rotation by the end of April, but Bochy said he doesn't have a target date.
Lowry was 14-8 last season, leading the Giants in victories.
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves get catcher Doumit in Twins trade
- Reports: 3B Chavez to re-sign with Arizona
- MLB average jumps 5.4 percent to $3.39M
- Rockies get OF Stubbs in trade with Indians
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth San Francisco Giants Black Popover Performance Hoodie