Sheets' bullpen session goes well, may start Tuesday
MILWAUKEE -- Ben Sheets threw in the bullpen before the Milwaukee Brewers played the Florida Marlins on Saturday, the first time he's pitched since leaving a game last week with tightness in his right triceps.
Sheets missed his start against Philadelphia on Wednesday because of lingering soreness. The injury surfaced April 18 in Cincinnati, when the right-hander left after five innings.
If there are no problems, Sheets is scheduled to start against the Chicago Cubs on Tuesday.
"It went well," said Sheets, who is 3-0 with a 0.96 ERA in four starts over 28 innings this season.
Asked if he would pitch against the Cubs, he said, "We'll see, but it felt good."
Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Halladay retires after 1-day Blue Jays deal
- Trade talks for OF Kemp active, agent says
- It's unanimous: Torre, La Russa, Cox to Hall
- Jeter: Will miss Cano, not surprised he left
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rawlings Milwaukee Brewers Mini Slugger Softee Bat and Ball Set